How many Facebook Friends do you have in your Facebook Timeline?
I have 707 friends!!!!
However, even though I have a long list but I never faced any problem in managing my Facebook Friends list as I have already categorized them in some list.
Do you know how to categorize or rearrange the facebook friends list?
Ok! Let me tell you.
There are a few by-default lists set by Facebook to arrange your friends. You can also create a list to add some of your friends such as a list by your school name, college name, community or your work or any such other group.
I have many different lists to categorize my facebook friends and this way I can arrange which of my updates are visible to which of my friends.
This is actually a very important setting, for me at least. The reason is that I don’t want to share my personal photos, updates with everyone and so I make these lists.
Similarly there are some updates related to work which I would not like to share with my family or relatives added in my facebook friends list.
Also there are some friends in facebook who keep on sending me games request and I want to block games requests from them or want to block people tagging me in a Location on my Facebook Timeline, so keep them in a separate list.
If you already know how to do that, that’s great but if not I have the step by step tutorial for you.
Rearrange Your Facebook Friends
- Go to ‘Home’ tab which is on the top right corner of every facebook page. Go the home page and check out the left panel. You will see a long list of favorites, pages and apps, groups, friends and more.
- Take your cursor to friends and click on ‘More’ tab.
- When you will click on ‘More’ a new pop up window will open where you can see all your facebook lists you have.
- You can also create a custom list from ‘Create list’ on the top right.
- When you click on ‘Create List’ you will again get a new pop up asking for the new list name and names of members you want to add in that particular list.
That’s it…How simple it is. Just a few steps and you can arrange your facebook friends to the custom list as you want.
Creating a list also help in taking an action for many of your facebook friends in just one click. For example if you want to send a message to a particular groups of friends or want to share something personal to a specific list.
I have written quite a few posts on Facebook and this post was on a special request from a friend who wanted to re-arrange her long list of facebook friends. I hope my write-up would help her doing the same.